We are deep in the clutches of wedding season: weekends are booked up for months, invitations are coming thick and fast, and finding outfits to wear can get to be a struggle. I’ve put together my picks of wedding guest outfit inspiration to save you time (and your sanity!)
Click the images below to shop my picks, or find the links further down the page.
Top row, L-R:
- ASOS Tweedy Blazer HERE (and the matching co-ord skirt HERE) – This is such a cute outfit in a really pretty mint green. Plus this would also be great when worn separately: you could match the blazer with jeans, or put the skirt with a plain t shirt.
- I first saw this beautiful Boden Oxford Lace dress on Gemma from GemmaLondonLife when we were in Avéne on the press trip and fell in love with it. It’s one of the many Self-Portrait inspired lace dresses that are kicking around at the moment but this one is seriously pretty. Gemma had it in white but it also comes in red, you can get it HERE.
- I am a huge fan of 50s style structure dresses. I have boobs but no hips and this style of dress gives me the hourglass figure I wasn’t blessed with! The Chi Chi London Allover Rose Print midi dress is a really stunning off the shoulder, full skirted dress available HERE.
Middle row, L-R:
- I have an unhealthy obsession with this dress. I keep opening the webpage to look at it. I might as well have full on emoji heart eyes. The Whistles Iris Lace dress (HERE) is a bright yellow sundress with delicate straps, floral panelling and a neat pleated skirt.
- Oliver Bonas Kennocha Tropical Flower midi dress (HERE) has a pastel-toned floral pattern and a square neckline. I love this dress because it could be dressed up with heels, or you could put a white t-shirt underneath and pair it with trainers to embrace the 90s feel that’s big at the moment.
- I used to fear jumpsuits, but you just have to find the one that suits your body type. This beautiful ‘tobacco’ ASOS Wrap Jumpsuit with Collar Detail (HERE) is smart but still sassy and would make a nice change from the usual skirts and dresses at typical weddings.
Bottom row, L-R:
- When I heard that Alexa Chung was designing a range for Marks & Spencers I was ridiculously excited. Alexa has that nonchalant, French chic thing going on and this dress is an absolutely dream. The Eliza Dress from Archive By Alexa is a 60s inspired shift dress with a high neck and 3/4 sleeves in the most beautiful paisley print. You can get it HERE.
- Another Self-Portrait inspired lace outfit (but a *lot* more affordable!) is this Full Lace Midi Skirt co-ord from Missguided HERE. Crocheted lace, with a lining to protect your modesty, and a lovely pale grey shade. This is something I wish I had the confidence to wear so please buy it and send me pictures so I can live vicariously through you!
- Another beautiful jumpsuit in a more formal style. This is a black and white, one shoulder, tailored outfit with a wide white band across the shoulder and a wide leg. You can get the ASOS Vesper Off Shoulder Jumpsuit HERE.
Which is your favourite from my picks? What is your go-to wedding outfit? Let me know in the comments!
*Links in this post may be affiliate links. For more information please see my disclaimer tab at the top of the page.