Today’s mani theme was ‘Inspired by a book’ and I knew from the beginning that I wanted to do ‘Alice in Wonderland’. It’s a brilliant book with iconic characters and instantly recognisable.
I did the following:
- Left hand little finger: white roses painted red (by order of the Red Queen)
- LH ring finger: Playing cards
- LH middle finger: Tweedledee/Tweedledum’s outfit
- LH pointer finger: The Rabbit’s pocketwatch
- LH thumb: Alice’s skirt and legs
- RH thumb: The Dormouse’s teapot (“twinkle, twinkle little bat…”)
- RH little finger: An ‘eat me’ biscuit
- RH ring finger: The Cheshire Cat’s grin
- RH middle finger: The ‘drink me’ potion
- RH pointer finger: The Mad Hatter’s hat
All of this was done free hand and took me about 3 hours in total. I absolutely love it and can’t bear to take it off so am going to wear it to work tomorrow! I am really proud of how much my free hand has come on since I started, especially my left hand.
It’s 12.30 and I need my bed…pretty nails > sleep apparently!