I had such an overwhelming response to my recent gradients and a lot of questions asking how I do them, so I decided to do a tutorial.
You will need: 2 nail varnishes, a cosmetic sponge, nail varnish remover (for clean up) and a good top coat (Seche Vite is my fave).
- STEP ONE: Paint your nails half and half in your chosen colours. I would recommend similar colours when you are starting out as they are more forgiving.
- STEP TWO: Pour a little bit of nail varnish one out, dip in your sponge and lightly dab onto the join. Start off with a little and build it up - remember it’s easier to put more on than take some off!
- STEP THREE: Once this is dried, dab the second colour on in the same way. This is starting to soften the line between the nails. (Don’t worry about the mess on the skin, we tidy it up later!)
- STEP FOUR: Mix blobs of the two nail varnish together and sponge this mixed colour onto the nails. I usually do two coats of this to make it look really blended. Tidy up with a brush/cotton bud dipped in nail varnish.
- STEP FIVE: Add two coats of top coat. Seche Vite really is great for this as it smoothes everything out and makes it shine like glass. Plus, it’ll last for ages.
I hope you found this helpful. Please let me know if you have a go!