I feel quite proud of myself when I manage to finish a product. I have so many products on the go that it’s a small miracle that I ever finish anything! Some of these have been waiting for a mini review for a while but let’s dive into the empty product bag and see what I thought.
I love reading empties blog posts: I really like seeing what products people manage to finish and whether they can’t live without them or if they never want to see it ever again.
So the title says ‘monthly empties’ but I have an enormous bag in my bedroom FULL of empties so it’s been going on for longer than a month. But nevermind. Let’s go!
November 14 Monthly Beauty Favourites
*Insert obligatory ‘Oh my god I can’t believe it’s December where is my life GOING’ comment*. So it’s time for my November beauty (and other) favourites…
Birchbox May Box With Harper’s Bazaar
When this arrived at work I did a full-on squeal of delight. My colleagues must think I’m insane. But LOOK AT IT. So pretty. I’ve spoken before about my love for packaging and how things are presented and this is no different.
For this month’s box, Birchbox teamed up with Harper’s Bazaar: the contents were chosen by a team comprised of experts from the magazine and the usual excellent editors from Birchbox. And this is a really special box. The contents are pictured below but here’s some more detail:
- Soigne nail varnish – a full size bottle from a new salon brand
- Liz Early ‘Cleanse & Polish’ Hot cloth cleanser – This was the item I was most excited about. This is a cult beauty product, and with good reason: it has been announced this week that it has won 100 beauty awards. You can see why I was excited. I cannot wait to try this, and as the full size is not that cheap, it’s good to be able to try a sample size to see if it gets on with my sensitive skin. It comes with a little muslin cloth as well.
- Aromatherapy Associates bath/shower oil – I ADORE AA products. They smell incredible and really do work. I had a sample of another from their oil range and it is really lovely added to a warm bath. The scent really lingers afterwards and makes your skin feel super smooth.
- Imedeen supplements – Vitamin C and zinc supplements aimed at improving skin clarity and smoothness. I’m always a bit dubious about tablets like these but I will give them a go!
- Philip Kingsley ‘One More Day’ dry shampoo – miniature. I love PK products, they smell lovely and the packaging feels very luxe. I’ve not tried the dry shampoo but I use Batiste nearly every day so this will be going straight in my drawer at work for emergency touch ups!
- Benefit ‘They’re Real’ mascara – a miniature. You may have seen my review of this mascara: I wasn’t a fan. However, I will regift this to my mum as she travels a lot and could do with a travel size mascara.
This is a fantastic box and you can tell the team from Birchbox and Harper’s Bazaar really put a lot of thought into its curation.
This box will be sent to all Birchbox subscribers – it’s not an extra one and no separate payment is needed. What I also like about Birchbox is that if you like the look of this box, you can sign up to subscribe until the last day in May and still receive this box – there isn’t some silly rule about waiting a month for your subscription to kick in.
I reviewed April’s box HERE where I also give more information about the subscription packages.
Are you tempted by a Birchbox subscription? I am definitely a convert!