November! Unbelievable! This month has been a very busy and stressful one with work, so my blogging has taken a bit of a back seat but you’ll be happy to hear that I’ve still been keeping track of my favourite beauty and lifestyle products this month.
So July has come to an end and it appears to have taken the summer weather with it. We have put the duvet back on the bed and I wore a jumper the other day. A JUMPER. I hope the sun comes back soon, I’m not ready for autumn yet!
To cheer me up I’ve put together the bits and pieces that I’ve been reaching for again and again this month. So what have I been loving?
I feel quite proud of myself when I manage to finish a product. I have so many products on the go that it’s a small miracle that I ever finish anything! Some of these have been waiting for a mini review for a while but let’s dive into the empty product bag and see what I thought.
March was a good and a bad month. It started to get a bit lighter and my make up reflects that which is always exciting. We got back from Japan in the middle of February and my skin has a complete breakdown. March was the month of sorting my skin out so it was happy again.
Have a nosey at my most used and most loved products in March…
Now that spring is finally here, I have found myself being drawn to wearing more colour on my face. So when these limited edition Skybreaker eyeliner pencils from Glo & Ray arrived on my desk I was pretty excited. This set contains 6 eyeliners and a pencil sharpener to ensure they stay sharp and ready to use.
An Introduction To Glo and Ray
When the lovely folks at Glo & Ray asked me to pick some items to review, I had to take my time: I’d not heard of the brand before but the range is quite wide and has a good mix of exciting looking products. I was on the website for ages before I could whittle my choices down but in the end I chose a lipstick (of course), a blusher/bronzer and an eyeliner.
The Japan Beauty and Skincare Haul
My long-suffering fiancé went to Japan recently and obviously I could not pass up the chance to give him a huge list of things I wanted him to get me! He did an amazing job and got most of the things on the list (and some extras). I’m going to be doing reviews of the individual items once I’ve had chance to try them all out but here is a list of everything he got.
- Dolly Wink liquid eyeliner
- K-Palette eyebrow pen (I actually asked for eyeliner but I am SO PLEASED he got this wrong as I am IN LOVE with this eyebrow pen!)
- Fiberwig LX mascara by DJV Beautenizer
- Visee lash upswing long mascara
- Heroine Make mascara long & curl
- Shiseido Perfect Whip Foam Cleanser
- Shiseido Anessa Perfect UV spf50
- DHC cleansing oil
- Hada Labo Goku-jyun Light Lotion
- Kanebo kracie moisturising extra rich face mask
- Dariya Black soy milk face mask
- Mandom beauty barrier repair hyaluronic acid face mask
- Kose cosmeport clear turn white Q10 face mask box
- Kanebo kracie lotion face mask box
- Kose cosmeport clear turn hyaluronic essence face mask box
- Hello Kitty socks (yes)
- Harry Potter wand chopsticks (YES)
- KitKat green tea flavour (OH MY GOD)
He did so well! Especially considering I gave him a list and he speaks no Japanese! I am desperate to go to Japan and have a feeling I would go even more crazy on beauty items. (EDIT: I went to Japan in Feb 2015 and you can see my hauls here Part 1 and here Part 2)
Everything I’ve tried so far has been wonderful. I’m a bit scared to use some of it because I don’t want it to run out! (please tell me I’m not the only one who does this?)
Do you have any recommendations? I want to have a list prepared for my Japan trip!