5 Product Face Challenge
I’m not going to lie when I first contemplated the 5 Product Face Challenge it filled me with fear. I usually have an 8 or 9 (or 10 – 15…) product face so this was always going to be tough. Luckily I was working at home today so my panic was quite short-lived!
So, in order, my 5 product face is as follows:
- Rimmel ‘Lasting Finish’ foundation. Base was my obvious first choice as, due to my rosacea, I would never ever consider a make up look without foundation.
- Collection ‘Lasting Perfection’ concealer. My under eye bags are dreadful and I think concealer under your eyes is one of the easiest way to brighten your whole face.
- Soap & Glory ‘Archery’ eyebrow pencil. As a blonde with very fair eyebrows I *needed* brow products!
- Sleek ‘Sweet Cheeks’ blush palette (I used ‘Cupcake’). After covering my rosacea redness, I needed something to put some life back into my cheeks.
- Rimmel ‘Scandaleyes’ mascara. Again, blonde hair is a curse!
I don’t think this look is too bad for 5 products, but I definitely won’t be making the 5 product face a regular thing. I doubt this would last long without my primer and powder and I miss eyeshadow and lipstick!
What would you choose for your 5 product face?
(This was for the #supergorgeoussept challenge on instagram. If you want to see my other pictures or are doing it as well, come say hi – my name is talontedlex on instagram 🙂
Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick Fiore
This is a new favourite product of mine: a truly matte lip product that doesn’t dry out my lips.
You paint this on like a lip gloss with the sponge doe-foot applicator. The colour is ridiculously pigmented and opaque in one coat. The applicator is a little tricky to use, just because it is so pigmented so any mistakes or wobbly lines show up and you do need to be precise with this because it dries quickly and really does stay put!
When you first apply it is glossy and shiny and then before your eyes it dries to the most amazing matte finish. A PROPER matte finish. And it has great longevity – I wouldn’t say it’d last all day, but the first time I used this I applied it on the way to a work party at about 4pm. The drinks were free so this product was really put to the drinks test and it Did. Not. Budge. To the point where on the tube home at midnight I was scrubbing it off my lips with a wet wipe!
The Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipsticks contain Vitamin E and avocado oil so they don’t dry out your lips which can be a downside of matte lip products. As with anything matte, I would recommend exfoliating your lips before application as this will show up flakes like a mofo.
I am definitely going to get some of the other colours from this range as this is LOVE.
You can buy this range HERE.
Since doing my post on my rosacea (you can find it HERE) I have had lots of recommendations on products that can help and/or cover up the persistent redness. I was sent a demonstration kit from Veil who make camouflage make up and I was so excited to try it! Want to see my thoughts on the Veil Cover Cream – Rosacea Coverage included? Read on…