I have loved Avène for a long time: they are a sensitive-skinned girl’s best friend so if you haven’t tried them out already, jump to it! I was invited to the launch of this exciting new product: Avène PhysioLift Anti Ageing skincare for sensitive skin*. If you have sensitive/rosacea prone skin like me, you will know the struggle to find skincare that really *works*, without aggravating your skin.
Avene PhysioLift Anti Ageing skincare for sensitive skin
There are 5 products in the range currently, covering both morning and evening routines. The products I’ve been using at night are shown above and the morning products are the two pictured further down.
- Avène PhysioLift Night Smoothing Regenerating Night Balm – This is a lovely soothing product that absorbs really quickly and leaves your skin feeling very well cared for. I usually ramp up my moisturiser over winter and thought this wouldn’t pack enough of a punch but I was pleasantly surprised. The texture is like a cross between a thick gel and a balm, so you get the lovely balm aspect which means that you can do a mini facial massage but then it absorbs and you’re not left with a horrible sticky face that ruins your pillows! It not only smoothes and plumps skin (giving you a lovely rested look in the morning) but it also contains detoxifiers which you can read more about here (and also purchase): Escentual and Boots.
- Avène PhysioLift Eye Cream – Holding my hands up, I am terrible at eye creams. I have so many in my drawer and I start using them with really good intentions but then I don’t see immediate results and I stop. I think it’s a combination of very high expectations and a lack of patience! But I stuck with this one – along with the Precision Wrinkle Filler below – and I am sold – the fine lines next to my eyes are not completely gone (a combination of age, smoking, and refusing to wear my glasses as a teenager means that that ship has sailed!) but they are definitely reduced. My whole eye area looks firmer, brighter and lifted which I’m super pleased with. It’s a very light cream so it doesn’t feel super heavy on your delicate eye area, it sinks in really quickly and it doesn’t irritate the eyes (and I have *really* sensitive eyes!). Here are the links: Escentual and Boots.
- Avène PhysioLift Precision Wrinkle Filler – The first couple of times I used this I was so giddy as I love anything different and unique when it comes to the packaging and the way things are presented. As you can see from the picture above, it’s a really long, thin bottle with a nib-like tip. To get the product out, you unlock the bottom by twisting it and then press the bottom – kind of like a needle. The product is then dispensed as a thick orange-y gel. I’ve been applying this only to the areas I want to target – crow’s feet, sides of the mouth (don’t smoke, kids!) and across my forehead. Once I’d been using this for a few weeks I really started to notice a difference when I woke up and looked in the mirror, which I didn’t expect. Links here: Escentual and Boots.
- Avène PhysioLift Day Smoothing Emulsion – This is designed for oily/combination skin so this is the one I’ve been using for the past month. The lighter emulsion formula means it sinks in quickly and forms a great base for make up, keeping oily patches at bay throughout the day. It includes Hyaluronic Acid so it helps to plump and soften skin while it’s working on those pesky lines. It also includes an anti-oxidant to increase radiance which I definitely need at this time of year! It currently has 25% off at Escentual and Boots.
- Avène PhysioLift Day Smoothing Cream – Similarly to above, it’s packed with smoothing, plumping and moisturising goodies but this contains Shea Butter which means that the formula is a thicker texture designed for people with drier skin types. I haven’t personally tried this one as my skin is definitely in the oily camp, but I’ve heard great things about it! Here are the links for Escentual and Boots.
These are both 30ml bottles and I use two pumps to do my whole face and neck. One word of warning, the product does gather in the opening at times and tends to fire across the room when you use it every now and then. I learned my lesson after having to clean my bathroom mirror a few days in a row!
As a range I am super impressed with the Avène PhysioLift: Anti-Ageing skincare for sensitive skin collection. It’s so rare to find products that have such noticeable results without ingredients that make me want to claw my skin off (I wish I was over exaggerating). I am only just beginning to look at my skin from an anti-ageing (P.S. I don’t really like that phrase but how else can you explain without a really long-winded sentence? Age targeted skincare? Mature skin? Please let me know what you prefer in the comments!) point of view as I’m only 31 but I think this is a range that’s great at pinpointing specific areas, as well as targeting the overall aspects of ageing that I want to combat.
Do any of these catch your eye? What would you say are your concerns at the moment: dullness? Fine lines? Loss of elasticity? None of these (you lucky duck)? Leave me a comment and let me know!
*PR samples. Some links may be affiliate. For more information please see the disclaimer tab at the top of the page.