Mother’s Day Gift Ideas From Boots
If you’re like me, you will be completely unprepared for Mother’s Day. Or Christmas. Or birthdays. Or anniversaries…any important date basically. Mother’s Day seems to creep up on me every year and I am left panic buying anything I can get my hands on. But this year I am going to get major brownie points – thanks to Boots. They sent me these brilliant gift sets and therefore Little Anne won’t go empty handed (I will be getting her something else as well, I’m not a total cheapskate!) Read on to see what’s included in these Mother’s Day gift ideas box sets.
Let’s start with The Rose gift set from L’Oréal Paris*. This set is £19.99
HERE (EDIT: as this was a limited edition product, it is now unavailable) which is a bargain as it’s RRP was £39.99 and it contains 3 full size products from the Age Perfect Golden Age range. You may have seen this range kicking around recently as it’s fronted by the glorious Helen Mirren who I LOVE. It contains:
- L’Oréal Paris Age Perfect Golden Age Glow Re-Activating Essence – Essences are a staple skincare step in East Asian countries but are slowly filtering in over here. It’s basically somewhere between a toner and a serum and is designed to add another element of moisturise into your skincare. There are handy instructions on the back of the box as the application is a bit different to a regular toner/serum step: you put 5 drops into your palms, rub them together, then pat the product onto your skin. You then use your fingertips in a tapping motion all over your face to encourage microcirculation. The glow in the name refers to the slight shimmer that you can see in the image below which adds radiance to the skin without making you look like a glitter ball. To buy individually the essence’s RRP is £14.99 (although it’s currently £9.99 in an introductory offer).
- L’Oréal Paris Age Perfect Golden Age Rosy Refortifying Day Cream – This stuff really intrigued me. It’s a thick day moisturiser that claims to firm, tone and hydrate. So far so standard. But it is a salmon-pink colour and is designed to add a rosy, healthy pink tone to your face which instantly makes it look younger. I am very interested to hear how my mum gets on with this. You can buy it for £9.99 HERE (RRP £14.99).
- L’Oréal Paris Age Perfect Golden Age Rich Refortifying SPF15 Day Cream – I was a bit confused to see two day creams in this set. Surely a night cream would have made more sense? Regardless, it’s always good to see a day cream with SPF in it (my mum is terrible for not using an SPF and she lives in the south of France so should know better really!) This has similar benefits to the Rosy Refortifying Day Cream, just without the pink tone to it: it hydrates, fortifies and ‘re-cushions’ the face. As this is specifically called a ‘rich’ cream this may be better for those with drier skin. This is £7.49 HERE (RRP £14.99).
I think this is great little set that is really well priced for what you get. One word of warning: this range is described on the box as being aimed at ‘very mature skin’. EEP. My mum laughed it off but I can see some mums being a bit offended at that, especially as the range is targeted at 60+… I would not describe that as ‘very mature’!
The second of the Mother’s Day gift ideas I wanted to show you was this one from Nuxe* which is jam-packed full of cult classics from this French skincare powerhouse. I introduced my mum to Nuxe a few years ago in in turn she has passed on the recommendation to countless family members and friends. As I mentioned, she lives in France so the products are a bit cheaper there, but this set is great value for those of us who don’t have access to the amazing French parapharmacies!
This is the Nuxe My Must-Haves Set, which is priced at £20.00 HERE. This includes:
- My all-time favourite lip balm, Nuxe Rêve De Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm. This stuff is…phenomenal. I have raved about this a lot on the blog, on YouTube, on instagram. I use it every single night and cannot be without it. If you haven’t tried it, you seriously need to get on this bandwagon. It’s thick and has a matte finish so no sticky lips (*praise hands emoji*) and really packs a moisture punch. This is usually £9.50 so the gift set is already a bargain!
- The Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Dry Oil was the first thing I ever tried by Nuxe and I was instantly smitten. I always take this away with me on holiday as it’s a great multi-tacker: you can use it all over your body for a summery glowy after-shower moisture boost, on your cuticles to keep them hydrated, on dry ends of your hair to smooth, on cheekbones for a sexy shiny glow… just brilliant. This 50ml size’s RRP is £17.00.
- The last product is not one I’ve tried but my mum was thrilled about as she’s just finished a sample size and had fallen in love with the scent! The Nuxe Rêve De Miel Hand and Nail Cream is typically £11 HERE,
I think this set is brilliant value, considering that it would be about £37 to purchase these products individually. I can definitely vouch for the fact that Nuxe products are high quality and they all smell absolutely divine so I think this would make a lovely pampering gift for Mother’s Day.
Do either of these Mother’s Day gift ideas catch your eye? I know the L’Oréal Paris gift set has sold out online at least once so they’re definitely proving to be a popular choice!
*Products with a star are PR samples. Links may be affiliate. For more information, please see my disclaimer tab at the top of the page.