Instagram has really lost its shine in the past year. The algorithm changes mean that the bigger your account the fewer people see it, certain bloggers are buying followers, the spammy comments with no relevance to the content … I’ve just fallen out of love with it a little bit. I became too obsessed with the number of likes each photo would get, how many comments, the feedback, and it just completely took the fun out of it. So I decided to set myself a challenge to keep me interested and the rainbow make up challenge was born!
If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen that recently I’ve been trying out some spring beauty trends in association with Boots UK. Spring is always a great time to try a new look, embrace a brighter you, and welcome the (hopefully!) warmer weather with open arms and a bolder look. Boots is on a mission to raise the health and happiness of the nation and they’re making it even easier with offers on loads of haircare and makeup products.
In this post I wanted to show you how to create new looks for the season with inspiration from tons of makeup brands such as No7 and Maybelline, all of which you can easily find on the high street thanks to Boots. Don’t forget to let me know your favourite look in the comments below!
This is a sponsored post in association with Boots UK.
So apparently it’s June *stares as sheets of rain hurtle past the window and I realise I’m wearing a knitted jumper and fluffy socks*… But start of a new month can only mean one thing – it’s time for May 2016 monthly favourites! There are some old favourites and some new discoveries in here so let’s get cracking.
5 Product Face Challenge
I’m not going to lie when I first contemplated the 5 Product Face Challenge it filled me with fear. I usually have an 8 or 9 (or 10 – 15…) product face so this was always going to be tough. Luckily I was working at home today so my panic was quite short-lived!
So, in order, my 5 product face is as follows:
- Rimmel ‘Lasting Finish’ foundation. Base was my obvious first choice as, due to my rosacea, I would never ever consider a make up look without foundation.
- Collection ‘Lasting Perfection’ concealer. My under eye bags are dreadful and I think concealer under your eyes is one of the easiest way to brighten your whole face.
- Soap & Glory ‘Archery’ eyebrow pencil. As a blonde with very fair eyebrows I *needed* brow products!
- Sleek ‘Sweet Cheeks’ blush palette (I used ‘Cupcake’). After covering my rosacea redness, I needed something to put some life back into my cheeks.
- Rimmel ‘Scandaleyes’ mascara. Again, blonde hair is a curse!
I don’t think this look is too bad for 5 products, but I definitely won’t be making the 5 product face a regular thing. I doubt this would last long without my primer and powder and I miss eyeshadow and lipstick!
What would you choose for your 5 product face?
(This was for the #supergorgeoussept challenge on instagram. If you want to see my other pictures or are doing it as well, come say hi – my name is talontedlex on instagram 🙂