It’s been a while since I’ve done some nail art and I was looking back at previous designs I’ve done (by the way you can find all my nail images HERE if that floats your boat) and one of my favourites was my camouflage nail art. So I thought I’d give it a spring/summer vibe and try out some pastel camouflage nail art!
The fun thing about this pastel camouflage nail design is that it’s ridiculously easy,
even if especially if you don’t have a very steady hand! Here are the step by step instructions:
- STEP 1: Pick your nail shades while your base coat dries. I chose colours that were similar in tone so that it flowed better.
- STEP 2: Paint your nails with whatever you want your base colour to be and wait for that to dry.
- STEP 3: Pour a little of your first colour onto a bit of foil. Then using a dotting tool – or an opened up hair grip/end of a pencil – draw random lines and blobs onto the nail. My best tip is to remember you’re going to have a few different colours, so leave space for them.
- STEP 4: Repeat step 3 with your other shades, layering them in parts and remembering to leave a little of the base colour showing. You can use a picture of camouflage to guide you if you like!
- STEP 5: Tidy up the edges with an angled eyeliner brush dipped in nail varnish remover, add top coat and you’re done.
It sounds more complicated than it is, I promise that if you try it you’ll find it so easy!
For those interested in the colours I used: I picked Barry M Coconut Infusion Nail Paint in ‘Laguna’ for my base, Barry M Nail Paint in ‘Berry Ice Cream’ for the lilac, Essie Gel Couture in ‘Hold The Position’* for the pink, and Essie ‘Private Weekend’* for the white.
What do you think of this cute pastel look? Are you going to try some pastel camouflage nail art? Don’t forget to send me pictures if you do!
*PR sample. Some links may be affiliate. For more information please see the Disclaimer tab at the top of the page.