Pinterest recently set me the challenge of creating some 10 minute make up tutorials, as part of their ‘Stay INspired’ campaign. As we’re all stuck at home at the moment, many people are turning to Pinterest for inspiration, entertainment, and information. The two videos I filmed are linked below, and I’ve also added all of the product information and some tips for application. Which is your favourite?
This post contains affiliate links which means if you purchase from my link I get a very small percentage of that sale, with no extra charge to you. Using my affiliate links is a great way to support and help me keep the blog going.
Natural Make Up Tutorial
If you are a fan of subtle make up, this is the look for you. Although the video is sped up, hopefully you can see the technique of application: I never rub the skin, instead I always pat, stroke or dab product onto my skin to avoid irritating my rosacea. If you have any questions, please let me know!
- NYX Born To Glow Foundation ‘Light’ (bought) is a gorgeous glowy foundation that gives medium coverage and builds really well. I would normally use a damp Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge (bought) but for speed I used the IT Cosmetics Complexion Perfection Brush (gifted).
- I set my foundation with It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Loose Powder (gifted) using the Real Techniques Setting Brush (bought).
- For my brows I used Glossier Boy Brow in ‘Blonde’ (bought). This shade is probably too light for my current red hair so bear that in mind you have similar colouring… If you use this link, you get 10% off your Glossier and I get a credit for referring you. Win-win!
- The NYX Lingerie eyeshadow palette (gifted) is one of my favourites, featuring some easy-to-wear neutrals. I used the beige tone.
- The Glossier Cloud Paints (bought) are flipping dreamy – pigmented, great colours, and easy to apply. I used shade ‘Dusk’.
- I haven’t used any other highlighter product since I got Glossier Haloscope in ‘Quartz’ (bought) which speaks for itself. Glossy but not sticky, shiny but not sparkly. Gorgeous.
- If you’re a regular here you’ll know of my deep and enduring love for Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara (bought). It makes even my stumpy, blonde eyelashes look great and doesn’t irritate my ocular rosacea.
- For me, no look is complete without lipstick, so I picked my ultimate ‘my lips but better shade’: Sephora Cream Lipstain in ’13 Marvellous Mauve’ (bought).
Warm-Toned Make Up Tutorial
This is my go-to make up look when I have no time but still want to look like I’ve made an effort. Glowy skin, orange-toned eye make up (if you have blue or green eyes, warm make up tones will really help to highlight them), and of course a bright and bold lipstick.
Everything I used in this video was the same as above, except for the following:
- Glossier Cloud Paint in ‘Beam’ (bought). I have about 6 shades of this cream blusher and adore them all!
- Glossier Skywash in ‘Terra’ (bought) – these cream eyeshadows are beautifully sheer, although you can build them for more coverage if you like. They set matte and do not budge!
- The stunning red lipstick is KVD Vegan Beauty Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in ‘Santa Sangre’ (gifted).
(Some essential but dry info for clarity: the Pinterest campaign was sponsored but only the pins I created were part of the collaboration. I chose to write this blog post to give some extra information to those who needed it, so no declaration is needed – which is why you’ll see ‘#AD’ on the pins but not on this post).
== CLICK THE IMAGES BELOW TO SHARE ON PINTEREST! ==